- To improve communication with vendors and escalate the right service requests when necessary
- Effective communication with the project team is key to understanding status, technical issues, and helping prioritize their tasks
- Competently assess the risks and develop more precise mitigation plans
- Give management the information they need about their infrastructure.
- Ask the right questions when interviewing candidates for your projects
You can also bridge the gap between what is perceived as a?task manager? versus a true project manager. You must know when to let the technical team solve an issue and when to guide them to the solution. It is important to know when to ask questions. No matter how stupid or intelligent you may feel. You have to realize that you are not stupid.